James Cresanta, M.D.
Associate Professor of Clinical Biomedical Science
Tel. (561) 297-4035
Fax (561) 297-2221
- BA, Biology (cum laude) Saint Vincent College, Latrobe, PA 1967
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 1971
- MS Hyg, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 1982
- Preventive Medicine
- Fetal and Infant Mortality
- Nutrition of Children
- Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Disease Surveillance and Control
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, Assistant Professor of Preventive Medicine, 1978-1985
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, Associate Professor of Pediatrics/Preventive Medicine, 1985-1986
- University of South Florida, Associate Professor of Epidemiology/Biostatistics, 1986-1994
- Florida Department of Health, Senior Physician, Disease Prevention, 1994-2003
Representative Peer Review Publications
- Cresanta, J.L., Farris, R.P., Croft, J.B., Webber, L.S., Frank, G.C., Berenson, G.S. Trends in fatty acid intakes of 10 year old children, 1973 to 1982. J. Am. Diet Assoc. 88:178-84, 1988.
- Cresanta, J.L., Burke GL, Downey AM, Freedman DS, Berenson GS. Prevention of atherosclerosis in childhood. Pediatr Clin North Am 33:835-58, 1986.
- Newman, W.P., Freedman DS, Voors AW, Gard PD, Srinivasan SR, Cresanta JL, Williamson GD, Webber LS, Berenson GS. Relation of serum lipoprotein levels and systolic blood pressure to early atherosclerosis. N Engl J Med 314:138-44, 1986.
- Cresanta, J.L., Srinivasan, S.R., Webber LS, Berenson GS. Serum lipid and lipoprotein cholesterol grids for cardiovascular risk screening of children. Am J Dis Child 138:379-87, 1984.
- University of Pittsburgh, 1978
- American College of Preventive Medicine
- American Heart Association, Council on Epidemiology and Prevention
- Broward County Medical Association & Florida Medical Association
- Broward County Pediatric Society
- Society for Epidemiologic Research
- About the Center
- Specialized Training
- Professional Certification