Kathleen Guthrie, Ph.D., is an associate professor of biomedical science. Her research interests include Neurotrophic interactions in the brain during development and regeneration, Axon growth, targeting and sensory mapping, Adult neural stem cells, neurogenesis and neuronal survival and Plasticity of sensory systems in response to brain injury, with a focus on the olfactory forebrain.
- 1980: B.S., Biology, Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado
- 1982: B.S., Chemistry, Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado
- 1989: Ph.D., University of California, Irvine
- 2001-Present: Associate Professor, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- 1990-2001: University of California, Irvine/Research Assistant Professor
- McDole B, Isgor C, Pare C, Guthrie K. (2015) BDNF over-expression increases olfactory bulb granule cell dendritic spine density in vivo. Neuroscience, 304: 146-160. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2015.07.056.
- Isgor C, Pare C, McDole B, Coombs P, Guthrie K. (2015) Expansion of the dentate mossy fiber-CA3 projection in the brain-derived neurotrophic factor-enriched hippocampus. Neuroscience, 288: 10-23. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2014.12.036.
- McCollum MH, Leon RT, Rush DB, Guthrie KM, Wei J. (2013) Striatal oligodendrogliogenesis and neuroblast recruitment are increased in the R6/2 mouse model of Huntington's disease. Brain Research, 1518:91-103.
- Liu H, Lu M, Guthrie KM. (2013) Anterograde trafficking of neurotrophin-3 in the adult olfactory system in vivo. Experimental Neurology, 241:125-137.
- Liu H, Guthrie KM. (2011) Neuronal replacement in the injured olfactory bulb. Experimental Neurology, 228: 270-282.
- Sultan-Styne K, Toledo R, Walker C, Kallkopf A, Ribak C, Guthrie K. (2009) Long-term survival of olfactory sensory neurons after target depletion. J Comp. Neurol. 515:696-710.
- Bachand, K, Guthrie K, and Wolgin D. (2008) Expression of c-fos in the basal ganglia associated with contingent tolerance to amphetamine-induced hypophagia. Behavioral Brain Res. 198:388-396.
- Ardiles, Y, de la Puente R, Toledo R, Isgor C and Guthrie K. (2007) Response of olfactory axons to loss of synaptic targets in the adult mouse. Experimental Neurol., 207:275-288.
- Robertson R, Baratta J, Wu J and Guthrie KM. (2006) A role for neurotrophin-3 in targeting developing cholinergic axon projections to cerebral cortex. Neuroscience, 143(2):523-39.
View Pubmed Feed ⇉
- Structural and functional plasticity of mammalian olfactory-limbic circuitry
- Adult neurogenesis in adult olfactory bulb and hippocampus
- Mechanisms that regulate survival and integration of new neurons in adult brain
- Activity-dependent remodeling of adult olfactory-limbic circuits
- Trophic signaling and neuronal morphology
- Disruptions in neurogenesis and circuit organization in mouse models of neurological disorders