Xupei Huang, M.D., Ph.D., serves as Professor of Biomedical Science in the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. Dr. Huang received his medical training in Nanjing Medical University, China and Ph.D. training in Biochemistry from University of Paris XII, France. Working at FAU since 2001, Dr. Huang and his group investigate the mechanisms and treatment of cardiomyopathies and heart failure and have published over 80 peer-reviewed research papers in the field. Dr. Huang serves as Associate Editor for academic journal Cardiology. Dr. Huang teaches Cardiovascular System for medical students in the college.
- 1985: M.D., Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
- 1992: Ph.D., Biochemistry, University of Paris XII, France
- 2001-Present: Professor, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- 1996-2001: Research Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Recent publications (2016-2017)
- Pan B. Z.W. Xu, Y.Xu, L.J. Liu, J. Zhu, X. Wang, C. Nan, Z. Zhang, W. Shen, X.P. Huang, J. Tian. Diastolic dysfunction and cardiac troponin I decrease in aging hearts. Arch. Biochemi. Biophysi. 603:20-28, 2016.
- Xiaoqin Wang, Zhengyu Zhang, Gang Wu, Changlong Nan, Wen Shen, Yimin Hua and Xupei Huang. Green tea extract catechin improves internal cardiac muscle relaxation in RCM mice. J. Biomed. Sci. 23:51, 2016, DOI 10.1186/s12929-016-0264-1
- Chang Peng, Xiaomei Luo, Qianlu Xing, Huichao Sun, and Xupei Huang. Suberoylanilide Hydroxamic Acid Restores Estrogen Reduced-cTnI Expression in Neonatal Hearts of Mice. J. Cell. Biochem. 117(10):2377-2384, 2016.
- Liu Xiaoyan., Lei Zhang, Daniel Pacciulli, Jianquan Zhao, Changlong Nan, Wen Shen, Junjun Quan, Jie Tian, Xupei Huang. Restrictive cardiomyopathy caused by troponin mutations: application of disease animal models in translational studies. Front. Physiology, 7:629, doi: 10.3389/fphys.2016.00629.
- Pan B, Quan J, Liu L, Xu Z, Zhu J, Huang X, Tian J. Epigallocatechin gallate reverses cTnI-low expression-induced age-related heart diastolic dysfunction through histone acetylation modification. J Cell Mol Med. 2017 Apr 6. doi: 10.1111/jcmm.13169. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28382690.
- Chou CC, Modi JP, Wang CY, Hsu PC, Lee YH, Huang KF, Wang AH, Nan C, Huang X, Prentice H, et al. Activation of Brain L-glutamate Decarboxylase 65 Isoform (GAD65) by Phosphorylation at Threonine 95 (T95). Mol Neurobiol. 2017 Mar; 54 (2):866-873. doi: 10.1007/s12035-015-9633-0.
- Xing Shen, Bo Pan, Huiming Zhou, Lingjuan Liu, Tiewei Lv, Jing Zhu, Xupei Huang and Jie Tian. Differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells into cardiomyocytes is regulated by miRNA-1-2 via WNT signaling pathway. J. Biomed. Sci. 2017, 24:29; DOI 10.1186/s12929-017-0337-9.
- Quan JJ, LJ Liu, TW Lv, X.P. Huang, J. Tian. Atypical infantile-onset pompe disease with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Chin. Med. J. 130:2393-2394, 2017.
View Pubmed Feed ⇉
- Intracellular signal pathways, protein phosphorylation and cellular function
- Gene expression profiling and gene regulation in the heart
- Functional evaluation of cardiac genes
- Transgenic and gene knockout animal models