Dr. Isgor is a tenured Associate Professor in the Biomedical Science Department. She is a neuroscientist with research focus in animal models of epilepsy, nicotine addiction and learning and memory.
- 1990: University Degree, Business and Psychology, Bogazici University, Instanbul, Turkey
- 1993: B.A., Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- 1999: Ph.D., Animal Learning and Behavior, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- 2010-Present: Associate Professor, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- 2004-2010: Assistant Professor, Charles E. Schmidt College of Biomedical Science, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- 1999-2004: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Mental Health Research Insitute, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Isgor, C., Pare, C., McDole, B., Coombs, P., Guthrie, K. (2015). Expansion of the dentate mossy fiber-CA3 projection in the brain-derived neurotrophic factor-enriched mouse hippocampus. Neuroscience, 288,10-23.
- McDole, B., Isgor, C., Pare, C., Guthrie, K. (2015). BDNF over-expression increases olfactory bulb granule cell dendritic spine density in vivo. Neuroscience, In Press
- Hollis F., Isgor C., Kabbaj M. (2012) The consequences of adolescent chronic unpredictable stress exposure on brain and behavior. Neuroscience, Sept 20, Epub ahead of print.
- Aydin C., Oztan O., Isgor C.
- Aydin C., Oztan O., Isgor C. (2011) Long-term effects of juvenile nicotine exposure on abstinence-related social anxiety-like behavior and amygdalar cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1R) mRNA expression in the novelty-seeking phenotype. Behav Brain Res 228(1):236-9.
- Oztan, O., Aydin, C., Isgor, C. (2011) Stressful environmental and social stimulation in adolescence causes antidepressant-like effects associated with epigenetic induction of the hippocampal BDNF and mossy fibre sprouting in the novelty-seeking phenotype. Neurosci Lett 501(2):107-11.
- Oztan, O., Aydin, C., Isgor, C. (2011) Chronic variable physical stress during the peripubertal-juvenile period causes differential depressive and anxiogenic effects in the novelty-seeking phenotype: Functional implications for hippocampal and amygdalar BDNF and the mossy fibre plasticity. Neurosci 192:334-44.
- Aydin C., Oztan O., Isgor, C. (2011) Effects of a selective Y2R antagonist, JNJ-31020028, on nicotine abstinence-related social anxiety-like behavior, neuropeptide Y and corticotropin releasing factor mRNA levels in the novelty-seeking phenotype. Behav Brain Res 222(2):332-41.
- Aydin, C., Oztan, O., Isgor, C. (2011) Vulnerability to nicotine abstinence-related social anxiety-like behavior: Molecular correlates in neuropeptide Y, Y2 receptor and corticotropin releasing factor. Neurosci Lett 490(3):220-225.
View Pubmed Feed ⇉
- Animal Models of Seizure Susceptibility
- Neuromorphological, behavioral and molecular consequences of chronic, variable stress during peripubertal-juvenile period in rats
- Animal models for individual differences in the novelty-seeking or risk-taking behavior
- Gonadal and adrenal steroid regulation of the novel estrogen receptor beta in stress relevant brain nuclei