Once accepted to the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, incoming students will be mailed an Award Letter estimating their financial aid eligibility for the first year of medical school. It will be followed by an email notification once an official offer of financial aid has been made. Continuing students will receive an email notification once their financial aid awards have been made.
Students who will receive financial assistance not sent to and disbursed by FAU, such as outside scholarship and/or grants paid directly to the student or payment of charges made by a third party, must complete the Statement of Outside Resources Form. This form and a copy of the outside scholarship/grant or other resource must be submitted to the Office of Medical Student Financial Aid. You may scan and email these documents to email@example.com.
Official Financial Aid Awards will be posted and accessible to you through your My FAU account. Students will have the option to accept, reduce, or decline any aid that has been offered. Incoming first year students must accept their financial aid through their My FAU account at least two weeks prior to the first day of Orientation, to ensure funds are received by the first disbursement date: usually the second day of Orientation. Continuing students should accept their funding no later than one week before classes begin to prevent delay of receipt of funds.
Accepting Awards Online in MYFAU
1. Log on to MYFAU.
2. Click on the “Self Service” Tab.
3. Click on the “Financial Aid” link.
4. Click on the “Financial Aid Status” link.
5. If prompted select “Award Year 2017-2018”
6. Click on the “To accept awards, click here” link.
7. Read the instructions in the “General Information” tab regarding on how to accept your financial aid award.
8. Click on the “Terms and Conditions” tab and Read and Accept the Terms and Conditions.
9. Click on the “Accept Award Offer” tab and follow the instructions to accept, decline or reduce the amount of aid offered.