The Schmidt College of Medicine offers programs which allow outstanding students the opportunity to achieve their BS and MD degrees in 7-8 years. Students admitted into these highly selective programs will be offeredconditional admission* to the Schmidt College of Medicine provided they maintain the required program standards. Each student will work closely with the programs’ faculty and staff to develop an individual education plan and to ensure a smooth transition if accepted into the College of Medicine.
*Upon completion of program requirements (please see below for more details).
- The Med Direct7-8 year BS/MD program is a collaborative effort between the College of Science and College of Medicine, offered on the Boca Raton Campus.
- The Wilkes Medical Scholars7-8 year BS/MD program is a collaborative effort between the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College and College of Medicine, offered on the Jupiter Campus.
- During the spring of their senior year, select high school finalists are offered an interview at the College of Medicine.
- Students enrolled in the BS/MD programs will receive mentoring from medical students and faculty from the College of Medicine.
- Students will participate in meaningful research, volunteer, and medical experiences.
- Students will have the opportunity to interact with the College of Medicine and its affiliate hospitals.
- Students will be provided individualized pre-medical advising throughout the entire undergraduate program.
Program Expectations and Requirements
Minimum Eligibility and Application Requirements for both programs:
- Minimum scores: 1490 SAT or 33 ACT
- Weighted High School GPA: 4.30
- Completed Bachelor's/MD Program Application (click APPLY NOW link below) submitted by December 1, 2021.
- Student must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Letter of recommendation from a counselor or high school teacher uploaded to the following link byDecember 1, 2021. You must provide this link to your letter writer: https://fau.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7WAQy8ricYLWbOd
Timeline for AY 2021-2022*
|December 1, 2021
|December 2, 2021 - January 14, 2022
||Program Committee reviews applications
|January 17, 2022 - January 28, 2022
||Invitations to interview will be sent to applicants
||Interviews will be conducted virtually
||Decisions released to applicants
*Timeline subject to change
Please contact us at email@example.com to receive more information about the Bachelor’s/MD Programs.