Jennifer W. Caceres, M.D., F.A.C.P. is Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and Associate Professor of Integrated Medical Science at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. She joined FAU in 2014 after serving as Associate Program Director of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Regional Campus Internal Medicine Residency Program. Now an Assistant Professor of Clinical Biomedical Science at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Dr. Caceres serves as Assistant Dean of Student Affairs as well as Director of Medical Student Career Advising. She also serves on a number of committees for the College including: College Curriculum Committee, M1/M2 Curriculum Committee, M3/M4 Curriculum Committee, Medical Student Promotions and Professional Standards Committee, and the Admissions Committee.
- 1999: B.S., Biology with Highest Honors, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- 2002: M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Articulated Joint BA/MD Program with Rutgers University, Piscataway/New Brunswick, NJ
- 2002–2005: Post-Doctoral Training Resident, Internal Medicine, Saint Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center, Manhattan, New York
- 2015-Present: Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University
- 2014-Present: Director of Medical Student Career Advising, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University
- 2014-Present: Associate Professor of Integrated Medical Science, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University
- 2014-Present: Society Dean for the Elizabeth Blackwell Society, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University
- 2012-2014: Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Palm Beach Regional Campus
- 2011-2014: Medical Director, Quality and Patient Safety, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Palm Beach Regional Campus
- 2008-2014: Affiliated Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Palm Beach Regional Campus
- 2008-2009: eClinicalWorks Optimization Project, John F. Kennedy Medical Center, Atlantis Florida
- 2005-2009: Private Practice, Internal Medicine, Medical Specialists of Palm Beaches, Boynton Beach, Florida
- Chait B, Fahmy S, Caceres J. Cocaine Use in the Elderly: Letter to the Editor. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. February 2010;2:391-391.
- Fernandez J, Caceres J. Improving Patient Understanding of the Discharge Plan by Implementing a New Patient-Centered Discharge Process on an Academic Service. Journal of General Internal Medicine. May 2011; Volume 26, Supplement 1, S11-S12.
- Rao M, Caceres J, Timothy A, et al. Implementation of an Educational Intervention and an Electronic Decision Support Model with Computerized Order Entry to Reduce Inappropriate Red Blood Cell Transfusions. Journal of General Internal Medicine. June 2013; Volume 28, Supplement 1, S103.
View Pubmed Feed ⇉
- 2014-Present: Member, Association of American Colleges
- 2014-Present: Member, AAMC Group for Student Affairs
- 2012-2014: Member, Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- 2012-Present: Fellow, American College of Physicians
- 2005-2014: Member, American Medical Association
- 2011-2014: Member, Society of General Internal Medicine
- 2008-Present: Member, Palm Beach Medical Society
- 2012-2014: Member, Society of Hospital Medicine
Awards & Honors
- 2014: Award of Appreciation for Outstanding Teaching and Leadership, University of Miami Regional Campus, Internal Medicine Residency
- 2011: Project Access Provider of the Year, JFK Internal Medicine Faculty and Resident Practice
- 1996: Phi Eta Sigma (National Freshman Honor Society)
- 1997: Omicron Delta Epsilon (National Economics Honor Society)
- 1997: Golden Key Honor Society